Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Little Life Update


Let’s see how successful I am at keeping the title honest.

Last year I was an apprentice at The Center for Nature and Christian Spirituality. We lived at Westminster Woods and also took classes at San Francisco Theological Seminary. I loved it! The year (technically 11 months) was life changing. I embraced my life as an adult and stepped into life of discernment. To learn more about the program, check out the website here http://www.westminsterwoods.org/cncs/ (PS It’s application time…think about it!)



The last thing we did during CNCS was summer camp. It felt like a final exam: putting to test the skills we learned and had been practicing together. Well like many tests, there was an unexpected aspect to my test. At the beginning of the program, I sent off my application for Physical Therapy programs to six schools. I wasn’t expecting anything but I was on the wait list to a program in SoCal. Being able to wait without knowing what was to come and trust God in the unknown was a huge challenge. One morning in July, I had a wonderful experience during our morning prayer and that evening, I found out that I was accepted to the Doctor of Physical Therapy degree program at Chapman University.



A little over a month later I was moving to Orange, California and starting my three year journey to Dr. J. So now I am living in an adorable house with two other girls and studying my Gluteus maximus off. My roommates are wonderful and I am sure God’s hand was at work when I found them. Classes are really hard. Anatomy killed me last semester but I was told I deserved a “Most Improved” trophy. This semester is more specific to physical therapy and I’m loving it. As overwhelming as the program is, I am committed to living as a renewable resource. I do my best to wake up in time to go to a wonderful church in Newport Beach called St. Mark Presbyterian Church. I also have been swing dancing at Atomic Ballroom when I’m not too exhausted. Not to mention, I live 13 minutes from Disneyland and have me a season pass! So come visit me and we’ll go!!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Jessie! Thanks for sharing, and congratulations. It's great to hear you're doing so well.

    ReplyDelete