Sunday, February 5, 2012

Garlic Cheese Pull Apart Bread

First of all, I am loving Pinterest. It has increased my crafty inspiration by 76% and my craft productivity by 83%.

So to top off my weekend of crafty Sabbath times with no homework, I made a cheesy, garlic, basil pull apart bread. Here we go:

Ingredients:
Round sour dough bread (like the stuff you put spinach dip in..."wanna know how I know you're gay"
Cheese (I used Monterey Jack and Parm because it's what I had, but any would work)
4 Garlic cloves
Olive Oil
Fresh basil

Cut the bread into the checkerboard shape (use a good knife or have big enough hands to be able to palm the bread to make this easier). Thinly slice the cheese and shove it into as many bread crevasse as possible. The more cheese, the cheesier. Then I roasted 4 garlic cloves in their coverings with olive oil in a pan until their were soft. Then peeled the garlic and mixed that with more olive oil and a little salt and pepper and poured it over the bread. Then I wrapped it in foil and baked it at like 400 (my oven is really old so I never really know what the temp is) for 15 minutes. Then I unwrapped it, but I had an issue with the parm being too thick and not melting so I pulled them out, possibly due to the previously mentioned oven. To make sure I still got my yummy parm in there, I added shredded parm on top. I also sliced three basil leaves for the top and cooked, uncovered for another 10.

And here's the mouth-watering result!



Don't you just want to reach into the screen Mike TV style and eat it? It was a hit at the Super Bowl party but who doesn't love carbs, cheese, and garlic?

But don't stop here. Let your imagination go wild. You could do this idea with any flavor combos! Cheddar and bacon anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment