Sunday, February 12, 2012

Jennifer Anderson's House and Tom Cruise's Chimley

Last night and today I played tourist with my good friend Charlene. We both moved to SoCal around the same time in late August and hadn't gotten around to doing the typical stuff. So last night we went to the Santa Monica Pier and today we went to Hollywood.

In Santa Monica, we walked down the pier and around the beach a little, and then around downtown through the shopping center where we got a bite to eat. And after all that, I only paid $3 for parking, and it was the second best parking garage I had ever parked in. Here's the pier:

Today, we took the Metro into LA and ended up taking a tour around Hollywood after talking the guy down from $35 to $20. My 'I seriously don't trust you, now please leave' attitude worked well on that one. First we went to Grauman's Chinese Theatre and walked about there for a little. Here's some pics:
 

 
California never saw it coming but the signs were there... 

The tour was hilarious. The driver kept saying things wrong and there was a super crazy mom and daughter. We drove around and saw star's homes though who knows if they were for real. According to the driver, we saw Jennifer Anderson's house and Tom Cruise's chimley (known to people who aren't on the A List as chimneys.) Then we went to Beverly Hills and drove down Rodeo Drive where a crazy expensive car was causing a traffic jam. Boo. Here's me and a sign.

So now I can say I've done the typical SoCal tourist things. Two more well spent days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment