Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I liked them before they were cool...


Last week I saw the band Fun. at their album release show in Long Beach! If you think you haven't heard Fun. then you are wrong. You know that awesome song you always hear on the radio or in that Chevrolet commercial or at the end of that one Glee episode? You know the song that makes you want to rule the world? We Are Young by Fun. ft Janelle Monae - seriously, who doesn't like this song?

Yes, it is true. I liked Fun. before they were cool. But unlike real hipsters, I am so happy for this band and that they are finding success. If you listened to The Format, you will recognize the beautiful voice of Nate Ruess and a similar upbeat, complex style. I got to see them play a live show at Fingerprints record store the day the new record Some Nights was released. Side note, Some Nights has already reached 3rd in US record sales. This album is awesome. I can't get enough of it! I love their music style and think they pushed to make it even more "Fun."

They also represent live! They had the perfect amount of banter and showed that they aren't above laughing at themselves. This video is of the show I was at but taken by someone much closer than me. Please disregard the "woo girls" at the beginning. Check out the video check out the new album "Some Nights."

No comments:

Post a Comment