Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 2 off: Not Spent on the Couch

So as I mentioned yesterday, I have a five day weekend. Yesterday was spent on the couch and today I spent no time on the couch (until now, Thursday night NBC comedies on my DVR aren't gonna watch themselves). So what did I do today, you ask? I went to Disneyland/California Adventure. By myself. It was awesome!

So the whole goal was to see World of Color in California Adventure. So I didn't know this until recently but you have to get a fast pass to be able to sit in the World of Color viewing area. I wonder if this will still be the case in 10 years or if it will be more like Fantasmic. Anyway, I went after lunch to get my fast pass. While I was there, I walked on a few rides and enjoyed a dole whip float (it was a very nice day in SoCal).

After going home and doing some school work, I went back to see the show. Did you ever wonder why they took the Mickey down from the loop of California Screamin? Well my hypothesis is that it was because of World of Color. During the show, in addition to colorful water streams and video projections on the water mist, there is also video in the center of the loop. Sometimes it's the same as what is being projected and sometimes it's something else, like a moon for the Pirates of the Caribbean part. I really enjoyed how they used lasers on the water. It was a cool effect that I wasn't expecting. I would say my favorite part of the 30 minute show was when they did the balloons from Up. It looked awesome. Two bad parts were they used fire in some parts but it was so bright I couldn't look and my eyes were watering and they did the sad scene from The Lion King where Mufasa dies. Really? Do you have to play JTT saying "Dad" over and over? Other than those two things, it was perfect.

Here's the finale...come visit me and we can see the whole thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment